måndag 16 november 2009

Kilchoman Inaugural

Having read a few british and american blogs, I got more and more interested in the Inaugural bottling of Kilchoman.

Now, I've only tried the new-make, and as such haven't had much to go by.
Sure, it's peaty.
Yes, there is some citrus behind the smoke.
Indeed, there is a dark tone of fruit there as well.

But, you can find similar notes in a lot of new make, and the end-results aren't even on the same page of flavours after 10 - 12 years.

So, what's this going to be like?
The fact that the whole world sold out of Kilchoman immediately didn't make matters easier.
However, living in Sweden means we got the release today. 900 bottles of it made it to our shores.

So, at lunch today, I picked up a couple of bottles for tasting and saving.
As always, watch this space.

(OK, I know I've been promising some tasting notes without delivering, but have been up to my chin busy with other more worldly stuff, such as, well, life.)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar