söndag 20 september 2009

The Green, Green Grass of Home

The other day, the powers that be (or Philipson Söderberg as they are known to most swedes) phoned me, asking for tasting notes for a new line of irish grain whiskey - and, could I write them?
As Jeff Bridges so ultimately put it in the all-time classic "Big Lebowski": The Dude Abides.

Before I had time to say Halvfem (if you don't understand that expression, consult a fellow swede) two bottles of Greenore arrived at my door step. A 6yo and an 8yo.
Now, grain whiskey is the ingredient one usually uses to fill up a blended whiskey with - and then use the malt whiskey to add the taste and flavour. So, you can definitely see that I was slightly concerned that these two wouldn't taste at all.

I was pleasantly surprised to find them a mix of sweet vanillas, the typical irish black-curranty notes and a soft fruitiness. If you find bourbon too harsh on the palate, these two are probably for you to check out.

If you want to see the tasting notes "live", go no further than here.
Oh, if you have problems reading them because it's in swedish, that is because, well, they ARE in swedish.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar